The NLL 2011 Entry Draft will be held on Wednesday, September 21 in Toronto. The draft will be held at the Toronto Don Valley Hotel and will start at 7pm Eastern. Draft eligible players, their families, as well as all NLL fans are encouraged to attend. Admission is free of charge.
A live online broadcast of the Entry Draft will air on The NLL Network at NLL.com. The broadcast will be hosted by Andy McNamara of the NLL Network, with analysis from Stephen Stamp, editor of ILIndoor.com and Randy Mearns, color analyst for the Buffalo Bandits radio network and the NLL Network. Toronto Rock in-game host Shannon Kelly will conduct interviews of players and team executives during the broadcast.
The post-draft Boxla Beat will feature Philadelphia Wings GM and head coach Johnny Mouradian. The Wings have the first pick in the NLL entry draft Wednesday night, so it'll be an exciting night for the franchise. Mouradian will talk with host Stephen Stamp about the first pick and the rest of the draft for the Wings and what the selections mean for the team's future.
Boxla Beat will then have several of the players selected in the draft. Hear their reactions to where they were picked and what they expect with their news teams. The show is 30 minutes live, then an additional 15 minutes is available in the archived version of Boxla Beat. Player agent Chaka Bainbridge will join Stamp for bonus coverage looking back at the draft. You can hear the show live at 1 pm Eastern Time, Thursday September 22, at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/lacrosseradio/2011/09/22/nll-post-draft-show. It will also be archived at the same link shortly after the live show ends.
The Entry Draft order of selection for the six round draft is listed below. The selection order listed is as of September 14th, and is subject to change pending trades between the clubs. The Philadelphia Wings hold the first overall selection.
2. Rochester (from Edmonton)
5. Calgary (from Boston via Buffalo)
6. Minnesota (from Rochester via Colorado via Edmonton)
7. Calgary (from Washington)
8. Colorado (from Toronto)
9. Buffalo (Philadelphia via Toronto via Minnesota via Edmonton)
10. Rochester (from Edmonton)
11. Calgary (from Colorado)
12. Minnesota (from Minnesota via Boston via Toronto)
13. Colorado (from Boston via Toronto)
14. Colorado (from Rochester via Minnesota)
16. Colorado (from Calgary)
17. Toronto (from Washington)
18. Calgary (from Toronto via Buffalo via Minnesota via Philadelphia)
19. Minnesota (from Philadelphia)
21. Washington (from Colorado)
22. Washington (from Minnesota via Buffalo)
25. Buffalo (from Calgary)
26. Toronto (from Washington via Colorado)
27. Minnesota (from Toronto)
29. Minnesota (from Edmonton)
36. Rochester (from Philadelphia)
37. Philadelphia (from Edmonton)
45. Rochester (from Philadelphia)
46. Calgary (from Edmonton)
50. Toronto (from Buffalo)
(End of Draft)
Inside Lacrosse is profiling several of the draft eligible players. Click here to see one of the profiles, and visit the main page at ilindoor.com to see others.